Thank you Naomi from Eclecticfemale’s Blog for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Please take the time to check out her awesome blog, I love the font and style of her blog including her fashion illustrations – very cool I must say. As I have promised, here it is! 🙂
The Liebster award is aimed at bringing the blogging community together. It is awarded to blogs that have supported new and aspiring bloggers with the hopes of gaining further insights into the blogging community.
Now to the juicy part so basically along with the award comes a set of guidelines in accordance with the award which are as follows:
- Post the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who presented the award to you and link back to their blog
- Share eleven things about yourself
- Answer the eleven questions given to you by the person that nominated you
- Choose eleven more people, and ask them eleven questions.
So first things first, here are eleven things about myself:
- I am the eldest of three children.
- I used to study Accounting and Finance in polytechnic.
- But no, I am not an accountant. In college, I decided to switch to Business Management.
- I never excelled in Maths and Science, but I’ve always admired people who work in the Life Sciences sector.
- I used to want to be a fashion designer.
- I would love to have a job that I enjoy and is fulfilling.
- I would love to perform my Hajj, the final pillar of Islam, with my husband one day.
- I am both a tea and coffee drinker, depending on my mood and events for the day.
- I first met my husband when I was 19. He was 20.
- My husband plays the guitar and piano really well. I love that about him. ❤
- God and Islam is very important to me.
Finito! And now the eleven questions from Naomi.
1. Why did you start blogging?
I first started blogging when I was 19. I have always kept a journal since forever so blogging came naturally. I used Blogspot then, but stopped blogging there after a few years. I only started blogging at Mod with Love last year, when I was having some down time in my work then. Blogging reminded me how much I used to loved to write.
2. What motivates you?
God, and trying to be a good Muslim the best that I can.
3. What is your biggest pet-peeve?
People who snoop while I’m using my smartphone in the train. And dirty dishes in the sink.
4. What type of music do you listen to?
Both English and Malay songs ranging from pop to ballads to indie to country. Sometimes a dose of k-pop (Korean songs) as well.
5. Who would you most like to be stuck in an Lift (elevator) with?
Khadijah binte Khuwailid, Prophet Muhammad’s first wife. She was the mother of Islam and an amazing businesswoman. I would love to hug and chat with her.
6. If you could be any age for a week, what age would that be?
Sometimes I’d like to be 20 again, back in polytechnic where the days were carefree…
7. What is your dream job?
Hmm honestly I don’t have any right now, but it would definitely have something to do with mentoring and creativity, 2 things I love (how do you combine those two together?!).
8. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
Fried chicken wings. Breaded, honeyed, you name it… (mouth salivating just thinking of it…)
9. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
My first name is “Siti” which loosely means “Miss” in Arabic. Some girls start with “Nur” which means “Light” so if I had to change my first name I’d go with “Nur”.
10. What is your favourite food?
Rendang (and most Malay foods) and pizza.
11. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
This is a tough one. Possibly an entrepreneur with a successful home-business. Perhaps with a kid or two.
Here are my nominations for the Liebster Award.
My eleven questions are:
- What do you love most about blogging?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favourite colour and why?
- Where is one place you would love to travel to?
- What is your favourite book?
- What is your dream job?
- Name three most important things or people in your life.
- Where do you see yourself in five years time?
- What is your favourite movie?
- What type of music do you listen to?
- Why is writing important to you?
I look forward to reading your responses so please comment on this post with a link to your own post so I can see how you answered (sorry some questions are kind of repetitive).
Alritey and with that I’m done 🙂 Kind of fun to do this one 🙂