5 Things I’m Thankful for Today:
1. These kiwi and starfruit muffins I made today! Recipe from here, but as the recipe called for two kiwis and I only had one kiwi I added up starfruit instead. Yumz.
2. My awesome 11-months younger brother who is my wali for the wedding. He’ll be sitting beside the kadi during my solemnization and although my wedding hasn’t happened yet, I’m just so proud of him now.
3. For having money. Just yesterday I after I bought a meal with my sister, I was left with no more cash notes. My brother then came to join us and jokingly (or not jokingly) asked me to buy him a meal. I immediately said, “I have no money” when in fact I should have said, “I have no cash right now (so I can’t treat you)”. He reminded me that if you don’t have cash, don’t say you have no money because God has indeed given you money, Alhamdulillah. Saying you have no money is like saying you are not thankful for the sustenance God has given you. Alhamdulillah for the timely reminder.
4. Applied for our marriage through ROMM website yesterday. Wow this makes it really real.
5. Last but not least, getting our preferred kadi to solemnize our marriage. Alhamdulillah.🙂